Old 08-13-2013, 04:34 AM
meanmom

I made a stupid quilting mistake last night. I am making a yoga bag for my DIL that I really needed to finish last night as I want to send it home with my DS today. I am using soft and stable in it to give it some body.(I haven't used it much) It just didn't want to lay nice as I was putting it together so I thought just use quilt basting spray. So I sprayed it making a nice sandwich. DUH! I didn't need it sandwiched. I only needed one side attached to it. Do you know how hard it is to sew with the sticky side out on both the top and the bottom! I finally figured out that I should cover both sides with paper so it would slide thru the machine and rip it off when finished. Major cussing coming from the sewing room last night! I finished it at 11:30 PM. It came out really nice. Then I went to cut the batting for my grandsons quilt. A friend is going to longarm it for me. I need it tonight for my guild meeting it is a long drive to her house. My roll of batting is about 5 inches too short. More cussing! I gave up and went to bed. Luckily there is no chocolate in the house because I needed some.
QM praying for good results for your family.
My quilt guild potluck is tonight. I hope I can behave myself! A friend who works for an auctioneer called last night. He found me a Singer treadle machine. He says it is beautiful. 3 drawers on each side. I don't know why i need one. I just have always wanted one. And the price is right FREE! His boss gave it to me because I have sewn a few things for him:-) So I guess it wasn't all bad last night.