Old 08-17-2013, 07:20 AM
irishrose

Add me to the list of hospital sitters. My ex fell in the nursing home, had a brain bleed and surgery. That was Thursday night/Friday morning. Yesterday they were asking who can sign papers for ??? - last evening he started to come around slightly. We'll see what today brings. It's a 100 mile round trip - hard on my old arthritic body, but what is, is. The difficult part is that there are still things to do here - walk the dogs, bake for and attend a funeral for a 37 yo friend who had a seizure, hit his head and died.

meanmom, enjoy your week - you deserve it. QM, good news about your daughter - I assume she's off caffeine, too. I won't ask you to slow down, but at least try to get some rest. CindyA, hang in there. CM, I'm glad your brother is helping and you have your DGDs for a diversion. Pam, families can be aggravating. My son flew in from CN and another daughter rearranged her plans for my family reunion last week. It was a disorganized mess. I felt bad for my children who had made the effort to be there. Both of them are great organizers so they knew what should have been done. craftygater, yes, it's time to bless someone else with your husband's things. You have your memories of the love you shared and pictures - someone might need those books so passing them on is a good thing.

Well, time to finish some laundry, walk the dogs, go buy dog food while it's on sale and hit the road. Take care, everyone.

Last edited by irishrose; 08-17-2013 at 07:25 AM.