Old 08-25-2013, 05:50 AM
grant15clone

Well, I am finally delivering the Singer Centennial 201-2 that I restored to the friend I am gifting it to today.
My wife and I went out Sale-ing yesterday and stopped at a garage sale. It was in an outbuilding really. I was asked if I was looking for something and mentioned sewing machines. She said that she had one that she wanted to sell but had not put it out yet. It was in her real garage. She said that it was her mothers machine and her daughter sewed on it a little bit and bought a new machine (ugh!) and wanted to put it in this one's cabinet so it didn't have a cabinet or a case. The poor thing was sitting on the garage floor. She showed it to me and it was another Singer Centennial 201-2. It didn't have the foot pedal or cords. She said that she would take $8 for it. I gladly paid that and didn't bicker on the price. I got it home and it had been slid on the floor of the garage and knocked over at least once and set on it's hand wheel at some point too. But all of the damage was minor. One goes out, one comes in.
I will share the finished project in the pictures thread when it is done but I have a few more in line in front of this one at the moment. Here is a peek at it as I got it. I still cringe when I think about someone pulling this machine out of it's cabinet and replacing it with a new machine.
~G~

[ATTACH=CONFIG]432082[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails img_0718.jpg