View Single Post
Old 08-25-2013, 05:52 AM
suziehammond

Default Cold Challenge

Hi all,

Here is my experiment for this month.

This was a photo of a cemetery angel. After all what is colder than death?!

I wanted to use this photo for a later larger piece.

But first I needed to experiment with how I could cut it up and still have a recognizable photo. I wanted to get more color into it as well.

I need to match everything up after the cuts and color insertion or I no longer had a photo. So there were technical issues. Eventually I used glue and strips and sewed either side, which worked OK. But I am not happy with the way the color shows through and I am going to use a different technique when I do the next piece.

Then I also wanted to decide on quilting amounts and design for the photos...what should be made more textural and what should be left alone?

This little test answered many of those issues and there are certainly things I want to do differently on the bigger piece. Practice does after all make us better at all this and opens up new ways of creating. And some of them are awful and don't work well at all. But take a risk and try something. I learned a lot and will use that for the major piece-- which is next on the list and should be much more effective now.

Now what are you all up to???? The clock is ticking here!!!!!
Attached Thumbnails dscn1480.jpg