Old 08-26-2013, 10:22 AM
Jim's Gem

We all sure are dealing with health issues this month! Yes, we all need to pray continually!
My dad has lost more weight, he doesn't want to eat or drink. Hopefully they will get a doctor over today to check him out and see what else is going on. I think I will be driving down on Wednesday and come home Thursday after dinner.
My eating has not been great. Had a cupcake at the wedding I went to on Saturday, I have been able to avoid deserts for the most part for over 18 mos, not sure why I ate that cupcake. Except for the fact that my 2 yo grandson was eating one at the same time and he was sitting on my lap. I'm sure that I am not going to have a loss this month.
Did get news Saturday night that my son will be returning home from deployment mid October. I am looking forward to seeing him again. I hope my dad last's long enough for his grandson to see him before he departs this earth.
I think I am going to make a trip to the base to go to the commissary. Just need to be good and buy lots of veggies. I am going to pick up some snacks to mail to my son. I just better mail ALL of them and not eat any!!!
Got my machine back on Friday. The part is not available until at least the end of the year. It needs a new computer screen. I replaced the computer last year, now it is the screen and there is not one to be found any where. It also needs new gears. He says I do so much sewing that I really need to have it thoroughly cleaned at least twice a year. The lint got between the gears and warped them. It is not a place that I can clean. I have been using a better quality thread most of the time. I think I need to switch that to all of the time. That lint really can damage a machine. I do not have a price on the new gears. The computer screen will be $350. They will fix all of it when the screen comes in.
I traded machines, he has my old Pfaff, giving it a good cleaning. I should get that back sometime this week. I'm thinking I may try to do all my piecing on my Pfaff and save the Bernina for actual quilting and specialty stitches. I hope I don't get any more lines (they are 1/4" wide, 2 of them) thru the screen. It is a touch screen so it helps to be able to see what I am selecting, which I cannot see under the lines. It makes using the embroidery unit almost impossible cause I can't see what I have just input.
I put together 12 quilt tops in the last 4 weeks. Got 8 of them sandwiched Friday night. I will work on getting them quilted. I now have 11 current projects that need quilting. This does not include any UFO's.
Hope you all have a blessed week!

My newest Grandson, Caleb Austin, was born May 29th. I am now Grandma to 4 precious babies. I am so blessed!!!!