Old 08-27-2013, 07:09 PM
irishrose

Kathleen, my doctor told me years ago not to eat anything that would leave a grease stain on a napkin. I do try to follow his advice as I refuse any cholesterol meds. I am a fan of 30, 30, 40 dieting. 30% of calories from protein, 30% from fat and 40% from carbs. So 1400 calories gives me 560 from carbs, 420 from fat and 420 from protein.

I'm going to finish the month at my beginning weight, but that's not bad considering how much sitting I have done and how much eating of food I didn't prepare. Plus the salted caramel from the hospital gift shop daily . I just need to control myself Saturday for the dinner after the service and then the evening wake. The children are sending up sky lanterns with positive thoughts written on them but the extended time means two meals to deal with. I hope it will heal some of the hurt inflicted on this family. They are all doing great. Missouri arrived today, Connecticut will leave Thursday after work. More Missouri and Albuqueque are due in Friday. I should have told them to bring their baseball gloves so we can have an interstate game.

Pam, I dislike fat free dressings and such. They taste like sugar and vinegar to me. I do like some brands of low fat.

I must be eating the right amount of fat. We kept confusing the hospital nurses. They finally asked which of us was the ex wife and which were the daughters and my daughters don't look that old.

QM, my friend has diverticulitis. I have to be very careful not to use anything with seeds when I cook for him, but he hasn't had a reoccurrence of symptoms since he has followed the diet carefully. I have been told that most people of a certain age have the diverticula, but not all become inflamed or infected (itis.) I hope all goes well for your husband.

Thank you, Shadowirish.

Quilt group at the church in the morning so I'd better start preparing - I am not a morning person.

Take care, all.