View Single Post
Old 09-05-2013, 06:37 AM
Neesie

Originally Posted by Judi in Ohio View Post
OK, can I say this, in the kindest possible way, that you are being way to anal? The purpose of scrappy is to throw all sorts of colors together and have them sing together. They harmonize well, you'll be surprised. You must go to Quiltville.com and read what Bonnie says and does with color. I loved scrappy and then I found Bonnie. She freed me to think differently and it is wonderful. You can do controlled scrappy, I've made several blues/wh/cr/neutrals quilts. They are gorgeous, I get jaw dropping comments that I really don't think I deserve, but evidently they do. I use pale blues to navy with a little blue tourquoise thrown in. If it's blue, in it goes. I say throw all your blues in a pile, stand back 8 feet and see what you see. Remember you will only see a small portion of each fabric once sewn. Bonnie says if you can't see it from the back of a galloping horse it's fine. And the impression you get from it further away is what it really will look like. Remember the old camera trick? You squint thru a small box that your fingers make in front of your eyes. Try that, I bet all your fabrics will be great together. Actually, co-ordinating is not something I try for. That says boring to me - anyone can do it. Just saw Dunsters comment, I agree - if they don't look good together, throw more in.
I want to see when you are finished - it will be gorgeous.
I'm not doing scrappy.