View Single Post
Old 09-11-2013, 06:14 PM
hsquiltingmom

Default quilt for a customer

Hi,

I have a lady that wants me to do a quilt for her that would be a pink camo flannel and denim. She really likes the checkerboard design. She wants the border to be a darker pink flannel, and she wants it backed with the same fabric, as well as two pillow cases to match. I thought of just doing the squares alternating so they are a checkerboard pattern, and then do stitch in the ditch. Then the border I thought I could do more quilting, maybe feathers or something else that would be part of the quilt design. I will probably use 80/20 batting, as I like a bit of the puffiness. Is there a way to dress up the quilt a bit? If she really likes it, then she wants to order some more in a year from now for Christmas gifts for next year. This is really a dream come true for me. I have been selling things at a couple of local farmers markets this year, and last night I had a quilt on display, to advertise my quilting, and then I got home and thought of posting some of the quilts I have done on our facebook page for our little business. That is where the referral came from. One of our mutual friends had me make a quilt for his wife for her birthday.

Anyway, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.