View Single Post
Old 09-12-2013, 08:30 PM
stablemom
Banned

I try to stay in my budget while getting the best quality that I can afford, but sometimes I give in and pay a higher price. I do the touch/feel test and if I don't like it, it doesn't come home with me. I usually head for the sale/clearance bins first . I will buy small amounts of more expensive/better quality fabric and then fill in with sale/cheaper fabric. I shop thrift stores and yard sales where the touch/feel test is very important.
I love moda fabric as well. I don't shop online as I like to touch, see the colors. I am really lucky, we have lens mills in town, as well as 2 other fabric stores in town, as well as WM but I don't buy fabric there, I find it pricey for what you get. I did shop there when they actually had bolts of fabric. There are also 3 thrift stores in town that sell fabric. I am only 20 minutes driving away from 3 mennonite run stores that sell fabric and 2 other awesome quilt shops .....I really appreciate having all these local shops and I usually take the car and make a day trip out of it and hit as many as I can...great way to relax!

Last edited by stablemom; 09-12-2013 at 08:43 PM.