View Single Post
Old 09-12-2013, 08:54 PM
stablemom
Banned

Originally Posted by Jeanette Frantz View Post
I have purchased a substantial amount of fabric at the local Wal-Mart. I check out the fabric -- does it feel nice, is it tightly woven, are there flaws in the fabric? Those are the things I look for, as well as other quality features. I have purchased one particular fabric at Wal-Mart for $5.44-$5.97 a yard, gone to JoAnn's, where the exact fabric was priced at $9.99 (or higher). Guess where I'm purchasing! I don't consider myself poverty stricken, but neither do I pay more than I have to, quality being equal.

Even George Younce, gospel base singer of the Cathedral Quartet, said "I live at Wal-Mart"! LOL

Jeanette Frantz

When our WM was getting rid of all the fabric on bolts, my husband suggested we go. He wanted to get out of the house, and he says "you can get some fabric". So off I go for my second round of buying this sale fabric.
I spent an hour in the fabric dept, mostly waiting for another quilter to get her stuff cut. Her, the employee and I had a wonderful time chatting during this time. It was awesome. I ended up buying really nice fabric ( alot!) ...spent about $100.00 but I am still working my way thru it.