Old 09-14-2013, 04:04 PM
kiffie2413

Originally Posted by mom-6 View Post
So glad your friend has YOU for a friend to be with her
Well said, mom-6

Great runners all! Nancy in La, your "peeper" is cute, too...I wanted to say I have the same fabric as you used on the outer border, and I love it! I "inherited" it from a great aunt, and I have used it in so many Fall themed projects. I am getting low on it, so a lil "stingy" with what I use it in...lol

I am working on the binding for my partner Lynnie's runner...I don't know why it is so hard for me to choose the thread color to do my quilting with...when I really started getting into machine quilting, I went on a big shopping spree and bought lots of Sulky threads...and several in variegated colors...but it seems that when I think about using one I am afraid that one of the colors will "blend" with one of the fabrics, and it will look like I missed a spot. I even try "pooling" some of the thread on the quilt to check it, but I can never really tell...sigh...I make it so much harder on myself...
So, "Lord willing and the creek don't rise" (not likely, we are in a terrible drought) I am hoping to ship out this week...WOO-HOO..She is in Australia, so it will be a bit before we can post pics of our "spoils"...
Take care all,
K