Thread: Smart Spending
View Single Post
Old 09-15-2013, 08:19 AM
Shoofly1

I save enough money by not buying any packaged convenience foods, grain products, sweets, and sodas to be able to buy pastured meat on-line directly from a rancher, poultry and eggs from a local rancher, and seasonal fresh vegetables and fruit from the local farmers' market. I also got a Berkey water filter and no longer buy bottled water. In the long run this saves on medical expenses.

I don't use my credit card to buy anything except gasoline for the convenience and a few on-line purchases like the pastured meat, and I always pay the credit card bill in full each month. If I can't pay it; I don't buy it.

About one year ago I quit using a big variety of cleansers for specific purposes. Now I only buy laundry soap, dish soap, Krud Kutter, and vinegar in economy sizes, plus Soft Scrub with bleach for the toilet bowl. It sure cuts down on the clutter/money and I find they do a better job than the expensive cleansers. Also, I started using washable and reusable terrycloth rags and microfiber rags instead of paper towels.

Last edited by Shoofly1; 09-15-2013 at 08:23 AM.