View Single Post
Old 09-21-2013, 06:52 AM
SingerSewer

Originally Posted by GrandmaJeanne View Post
I have been looking and looking at EM for sometime now, but have to get to a dealer to see one in action. But my head is just swimming with all the options out there. Am looking for a machine that is the best bang for the buck. But also am looking at all the expense afterwards. Like the threads, my question and advice from all the ladies and gents, is what type of threads are you most happy with and give you the best look. I know there is a big difference in threads, and also do you need to buy the prewound bobbins, are they special or something that I am missing. Hopefully will be getting a machine before snow flys. So excited just looking to see what is out there. I have a real good sewing machine that I am really happy with a Jamone 6500, so I am leaning towards just a EM.
I am a Baby Lock girl. My first embroidery machine was the Ellure Plus then went to the Ellageo (upgraded to the plus) and a few months ago I bought the embroidery only Spirit. All are great and the more you spend, the more the perks. I use the Ellageo to sew on and can embroidery at the same time using the Spirit. The Baby Lock and Brother machines use the pes format. Designs are readily available. I use Madeira and Sulky thread primarily. Sulky is on sale frequently. Takes lots of colors and that is what makes the thread such an expense. I also buy inexpensive tear away stabilizer on ebay and it lasts a long time. I buy the specialty ones at the sewing machine store but use the inexpensive on 75% of all projects. I don't use prewound bobbins.

I think the dealer is about the most important when deciding on any machine - sewing, embroidery, quilting. My dealer was wonderful but have lost lots of the better employees through the years so now it is just okay.

Anxious to see which machine you choose. Good luck!