View Single Post
Old 09-22-2013, 10:13 AM
romanojg

Threads for EM
I have now owned a Ruby and now a Viking Diamond Deluxe. I buy what ever I want and my machines have both had no problems. Every once in a while, I might have to set the spool on the table or change the needle or slow it down but that is rare. I figured that for what I paid for my machines it should take what ever I want it too and its worked out great. I use Robinson-Anton, floriani, Sulky, Jenny Haskins, Prencia, Coats n Clark, etc and have no problems. I don't do prewound bobbins but know lots who do. I just have lots of spares and try to match the thread type on the spool with whats in the bobbin, that's my only rule. I do love my machine and all that it does and just starting to get into digitizing, very slowly. I just did the quilt A Duck says Quack by Smith Street Designs where it is a combo of piecing and emb and it turned out great. I can't wait to back it and quilt it. If I can keep it away from my DGD long enough, she loves the emb animals that have textured fabric on them. I'm making her a book with the same designs for Christmas along with a cheap version of an AG Doll and lots of clothes. She's only two so I'm not willing to pay too much for the doll, especially when I just got my 12th grand child and 13 is due in Oct and my 3rd great grandchild is due in April. Got to make those dollars stretch. I buy a few at a time trying to get different shades in what ever color I buy because that's one thing that I've learned, almost every design uses different shades of the same color to highlight the design. Good luck and enjoy.