Old 09-24-2013, 04:32 AM
newestnana

Originally Posted by cathyvv View Post
There is a shop like that in Lakewood, NJ. It's a death trap, for sure, but I keep going back! (It's been around forever, so I'm sure it has manged to be 'grandfathered' in as existing business and thus avoids meeting new building codes.) Underneath the madness there is some organization and I have learned enough about it to navigate fairly well. If I want to look at a fabric that is out of reach, I ask for help. Their pricing is good, so I keep going back.

My sister, on the other hand, won't set foot in the store.

The store needs twice as much square footage to truly be organized. However, the crowding and chaos don't seem to affect their business, as I've never been in the store without a crowd of other people shopping.
I live near that shop...I guess I want to call it a store because there is nothing quaint about it. I find their prices to be average. They have tons of fabric...not just for quilting, and the best button selection ever. But, no matter what, you have to move bolts, dig, reach, etc. to see everything. However, the staff knows where everything is so if you are looking for something specific they will help you locate it.

I generally am happier in my LQS.