Old 09-26-2013, 11:32 AM
kiffie2413

Those are amazing, Marti!! Great job Cheesehead!!
DustysMomma,
I hear ya...dh and I have one "kid", he just turned 28...so not really a kid, but to me he will always be our "kid"...
His job requires he travel some. Corporate is based here, but they have stores in Oklahoma, New Mexico, Colorado, Kansas, and several further down south here in Texas. While I am a "tough cookie" in always saying if he moves, I will be fine as long as he and his family are happy...and I tell myself I mean that...I know deep down if they move, I will probably be a big ball o' mush!! But, I will live...sigh...it's not all about me...sigh..."kids" are supposed to spread their wings and make their lives their own...sigh...
My daughter-in-law is from New Mexico...and I know she would love if they moved back towards Albuquerque...I just tell them if they are happy that is all that matters...Now my mom on the other hand tells them, "Make sure I am dead first, because I can't take it if y'all move...(boo-hoo...). I then always tell her that it's life's plan that kids grow up and go. Furthermore, it's really healthier if they are able to make it on their own...if something happens to the parents, be sad if grown kid couldn't function...and we parents need to be able to do same. Mom just says, "That's your opinion, leave me out of it!". Gotta love her...all of our family know that she is and has always been crazy about my son. She makes no bones about it. She even bores me bragging about him! Heck, he has even told her, "Nan, I love you and all, but you're boring me talking about me!"..Haha..
K