Old 09-30-2013, 02:37 AM
suzanprincess

I've been using coconut oil, on face and hands especially, for almost a year, and love it. (I get the organic virgin stuff from Puritan's Pride when they have a buy 1 get 2 free deal, and better yet when they add free shipping.) It has a lovely coconut odor when first applied, but that goes away almost instantly; no fragrance is added. It's also good for cooking, e.g. sautéing or baking. I'll reorder next spring, unless I use way more in cooking that I have so far. It's liquid above 78°, solid below, but spreads easily even from hard state as it warms on skin. I have rosacea, and coconut oil has been working better for me than what I used to use, both prescription and OTC. A lighter weight, oil free/fragrancefree/dye free product is Unicure, available online, that I've been using for about 40 years, starting with my hairdresser's recommendation as a crème rinse, but have also found it to be good anti-itch moisturizer all over, both after shower before toweling off and later, anytime. I have untra-sensitive skin, and fragrance allergies, and rarely use anything but these two items anymore.

Last edited by suzanprincess; 09-30-2013 at 02:39 AM.