View Single Post
Old 10-05-2013, 07:20 AM
Jratcliff

Originally Posted by romanojg View Post
Check Craftsy; I'm taking a digitizing class right now. I get my classes when they are on sale. I just did my first digitizing design, by myself and was so amazed when it stitched out beautifully. I loved the Happy Daisy quilt on here but wanted to do the applique in the hoop and use my Brother Scan n Cut to cut the fabric. Well, i've gotten the digitizing done to where it'll stitch out but still want to make it also an applique. I'm not sure after seeing it stitched if I want appliqued anymore but I still want to do it so that I know that I can. I have 5D Pro and it makes things easier.
I have the 5D Pro as well. Took the initial classes offered at the shop where I bought it, and also bought the DVD which is great. It goes through just about everything. I also found mrpatience.com and have gone through his tutorials which helps me better understand the books and DVD. Digitizing is a very time consuming thing, and can be quite frustrating but also very gratifying when something works out the way I want it to. I also have a much greater appreciation for the pros!
My problem is, I don't do it every day and tend to forget inbetween sessions. But I love 5D Pro, and now there is 6D. Oh my!