Old 10-19-2013, 05:17 AM
mengler

Default COMICal

Originally Posted by DonnaC View Post
So, a few weeks ago I decided to try the comic book boards for my fabric. Since my brother is a big comic book collector (has been since childhood and he's 46 now!), I texted him and asked where I could get boards locally... he texted back and said, don't buy them, I will bring you some. I told him I would be using them for fabric bolts.

Well, I ended up ordering a bunch from Amazon because I didn't want to wait for him to bring them...I was ready to organize right then, and as you know we have to grab that feeling when it happens.

So, lo and behold, he shows up last Saturday at my house - with about 10 comic boards. Ha ha ha!!! I almost laughed in the poor guy's face. He truly has no idea.

I ordered two packs of 100 from Amazon and have already used up one entire pack plus some from the second pack. And I'm not done yet. If he only knew, he might have a panic attack!
Pretty funny. I did the same thing a few weeks ago. I found 100 pack for 10 locally better than Amazon, so I didn't have to order online. Id heard so much about using them-I was a little surprised they werent heavier. Not sure where I'm going to put them after I wrap fabric but I had to do something. I'm getting into making a lot of baby gifts and find myself with a lot of FQs and half yard cuts. They're starting to breed in my sewing room. If only the storage would multiply itself. LOL