View Single Post
Old 10-22-2013, 04:17 AM
DustysMomma

Jaba, don't think I forgot you! Your beautimous runner is sitting on my futon, waiting for the quilting goddess to finish a baby quilt she has to deliver on Saturday for a baby shower or her bestie will decapitate her! Did I mention I have to go to this baby thing on Saturday? Thank God it's not til 3pm. I may need until 2 to finish. My machine doesn't seem to like me stitching so close to the end of the fabric apparently, and didn't want to feed right last night. Then Dusty was helping me cut some strips of white fabric (because this arthritis is killing me with these weather ups & downs and I STILL don't have my medicine!) and cut himself with my rotary cutter, which had a brand new blade in it. Yep, fun evening. It wasn't deep, and he's fine, but he bled like a stuck pig.

So a I was saying, envelope stitch, turn & quilt & yours is ready to mail, along with your & Brat's licorice!

No more new commitments for me until January. That's the deal. Unless the man's mother asks me to make her something special for Christmas, which she won't expect before new years. I'm going to finish up my swaps and then work on some of the other things I have on my list, some of which I have cut and even already embroidered, but haven't finished yet. I need to make my best friend's breast cancer throw blanket for Christmas, which I haven't started on yet (and I can't decide on a design, so any suggestions would be warmly received), and I owe her a wallet too. Luckily that's the only quilt I have on my list besides the 53" +/- Christmas tree mat for the man's SIL, which she said she didn't have to have for this Christmas.