Old 10-31-2013, 06:45 AM
BertieD

Dear Berti, I am going to have a birthday. Please send me that quilt. ok its not til Sept but I am going to have one soon and since well I love it so much.. no ribbons required nothing. that is a stunning quilt. patience is correct man hours and hours into that one. Is it for you or a gift?

It is a gift but don't know yet if it will be received or not. Grandson has been on the outs with us -- I promised him a quilt for high school graduation and it's only been 11 years! I needed the time to practice my quilting, haha. We'll see if he accepts it. Who knows? Haven't spoken with him in well over a year or two (breaks my heart but what can one do? It's his choice). His parents were divorced when he was almost 5, came back into our lives when he was in early 20's, lived with us three different times free of charge. Helped him a lot. He gave us a great grandson with his GF who we're still friends with but he's moved on.

Actually this quilt was not hard to do. Looks much harder than it actually was. Five 4-patches in each of the two different blocks. 25 Jacob Ladder blocks and 36 Star Blocks. Sew it all together, ta dah!