View Single Post
Old 11-05-2013, 06:44 PM
Needles

I make crockpot potatoes for Easter, Thanksgiving and Christmas dinners. I cheat though and buy the already mashed in the dairy case. Just the traditional ones, no added iingredients. I use 3 cartons of potatoes, start with a very large bowl and one carton. Add 1 stick of butter, 8 oz block of cream cheese and 8 oz carton of sour cream. Mix it all in with my hand held electric mixer. Then add some garlic powder. Add next carton of potatoes, mix well and add more garlic if you like, then add carton 3 and again, mix well. Add a bit of salt, mix well then pour all into the crockpot. All three cartons are mixed well with other ingredients. Turn on high for an hour, then cook on low until ready to dine. I usually start them by 9 am and we eat around 4. They stay moist and delicious through the meal. We usually have 15-20. They are REALLY good. I don't add a lot of salt, the other additives give them lots of flavor and pepper can be added by those who want it. We have a couple with health issues in the family and they can't eat pepper!