Old 11-11-2013, 02:53 PM
Neesie

Originally Posted by PenniF View Post
Not sure what part of Texas you're in Neesie...but it's been a little chilly here in north TX for snakes to be out at night...ground hog...or... rats??.....which are everywhere so no one needs to say YUK !!! Would they trip the camera or be slinky enough / low to the ground enough to hid in the grass??
I'm at the southern end of 'central' TX . . . or the top of 'south central' TX. Our weather is still flip-flopping around, between 70's highs and 40's lows.

We do have mice and rats, as this is the country - lots of wooded area around. I doubt a rat would be big enough to trigger the camera . . . but I just can't imagine a rat carrying off a whole banana (assuming he had two friends, to carry off the other two bananas). Dh suggested maybe the camera batteries are getting weak. Guess that's possible but it did catch a cat and later, a raccoon. Last night, I put out a blueberry bagel (in several pieces) and the same thing happened - no trace of what took it (did catch a cat or raccoon running past, though). I'm thinking I need to put out an entire big bunch of bananas (or maybe a huge watermelon?) and see how our phantom carries that off, without being seen!

Last edited by Neesie; 11-11-2013 at 02:55 PM.