Old 11-11-2013, 07:30 PM
Jeanette Frantz

Adam,

That size of thread spool is hard to find -- no regular thread spools I know of are that small. What I have discovered is that the small size spools which are found in "sewing repair kits" are exactly the same size as the wooden spool I found inside my machine. Now, the spools today are PLASTIC. My machine and its cabinet are still in the process of being cleaned and the cabinet refinished, so I haven't tested the spools for actual sewing performance. I do know that my machine works! I have a manual I purchased off the internet (my son found it), and it was $10.00.

Enjoy your machine! It's beautiful! Many, many years ago, I worked in the Technical Library at Kennedy Space Center. I stood on the steps of the KSC Headquarters Building and watched the first launch of the Apollo Space Craft which took place after the horrible launch pad accident in January of 1967! Talk about being haunted, if those old launch pads could talk, the history they could tell! I guess I need to stop waxing nostalgic! LOL

Jeanette Frantz