Old 11-11-2013, 10:56 PM
vintagemotif

Originally Posted by vintageidaho View Post
But that is the same machine....What year is the patent on that one? Even the paint pattern is the same. Yours is in much better shape for sure.

Does anyone know how many of these machines were produced total, or somewhere we could find that info?
The pattern will be the same for the Two Spools, be it National or Eldredge. This machine that I'm am posting is the only machine found in a google search that has the same pattern as the Two Spools. This machine is a National Rotary. The machine head is NOT the same as the Two Spools. It's a totally different beast.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]446455[/ATTACH]

I believe it is Jon that may have information on the Nationals...or is it Davis machines. Anyhow, this machine was once posted here on QB, and Jon informed the person posting the CL ad that the machine was a rotary machine and not a Two Spools. There is someone out there collecting information on National machines, and they may be of help to you. I just can't recall who that person can be right now.

Jeannette, The decals on your Two Spools look to be in very good condition. My suggestion is only clean that machine with sewing machine oil to preserve the decals. Anything other than sewing machine oil could remove or silver the decals.
Attached Thumbnails screen-shot-2013-11-11-10.40.19-pm.png