View Single Post
Old 11-18-2013, 04:19 PM
ljptexas

That day is like 9/11. You do remember where you were! I was in downtown Dallas, just a few blocks away from the event. Working for 1st job with First Nat'l Bank of Dallas on 2nd or 3rd floor. We all heard & ran over to look out window but couldn't see anything. Our super said "Get back to work". I was 19.
I was in downtown Fort Worth on 9/11. Sitting in jury pool, Someone came in & said "Did you all hear about the plane that flew into a bldg?" Of course none of us knew 'cause we didn't have acces to radio. But was glued to TV for rest of that day. Had to go back to courthouse next AM,on Tues, all the parking meters were covered. Sitting outside judge's chambers, voice came over PA "Would everyone please exit bldg in quiet & orderly manner." We were on 3rd floor & you could feel the bldg shake with all going down. We stood outside across street for long time & later told to move further down south. I remember looking up north on street & seeing uniformed & his dog crossing street. After about 30-45 min., went back inside & were dismissed…