Old 11-19-2013, 11:06 AM
Nanamoms

Default Did my first Quilt Block on an Embroidery Machine!!!

Just got home from the Bayou Embroidery University in Baton Rouge...2 days of like minded people doing what we love!!! I was amazed at how easy it is to do a quilt block (with the right designs) on an embroidery machine. I was a little intimidated by the 10 needle machine but I managed. I fell in LOVE with the Brother Quatro 3 though...was drooling all over it!!!

We learned so many things that I have now gotten re-inspired to finish UFOs and start new projects. One booth had the most gorgeous quilts done entirely by machine and another had quilted purses. Applique is SO easy with the embroidery machine!!

The Brother ScanNCut Machine was demonstrated and WOW, it was awesome!! Another thing to put on my wish list!!

The best thing was the "goodies" bag which we got to pick up at the end of the classes....man, oh, man, it included the Stipple pattern that we did and I LOVE it. Plus we got all the designs we worked on in class and some instructional CDs and one with 1000 designs on it!! When we checked in at Registration, we got a wonderful set of (NICE) scissors and other tools in a wooden case. WOW And the Registration Fee wasn't that much for the whole 2 days of classes!!

I'm exhausted from the trip (I live in MS) but it was well worth it!!