View Single Post
Old 11-20-2013, 08:16 AM
DonnaFreak

Originally Posted by Sandygirl View Post
Silly me....I decided to get serious and learn to free motion on my current sewing machine. I have been yearning for a new machine but for now, i think I need to explore what mine is capable of doing. So, opi set it up for FMQ and played with the tension. I am very pleased with the quality of the stitches. Now I need to practice practice practice! Trying to stretch my abilities; learn new techniques.

So, what are YOU working toward?

Sandy
Hi Sandy :c)

I actually went and took my first FMQ class this past Saturday! It was a LOT of fun! It amazed me that the one thing that looked the simplest (stippling) was the one thing I had the most problem with! By the end of the class, I had gotten pretty good at writing my name though. She said that was the best thing to start with since we all already knew how to write it. Seemed logical. LOL! I'm going to practice, practice, practice before I actually start on a real quilt, but I LOVED it! :c)

I'm also working on trying to get my fabric organized. I got three HUGE tote bags full of fabric wrapped on comic book boards to put in my shelves, I've gotten pieces of fabric that were big enough cut into fat quarters, and next on my list is to go through the scraps I have left from that and cut them into 10 1/2", 8 1/2", 5 1/2", 3 1/2", and 2 1/2" squares. May leave some in strips if they seem long enough to do anything with. I'm going to put in a different storage system after I get my taxes back, and have to get everything ready to organize when the time comes. Gotta do some Christmas presents as well!

Donna