Old 11-21-2013, 06:11 AM
Janice McC

Absolutely no offense will be taken by any suggestions or constructive criticisms! I'm new to hosting this and although the previous plan was very well mapped out by April, this change in the mailing requirements has altered the way things will need to get done. I haven't thought of everything so I welcome your suggestions and ideas! I've had a head start of several days to get used to the changes. This is new to everyone else. Change is difficult and uncomfortable. I get that. I nearly panicked when I realized tracking was now a non-negotiable. But, BUT, I'm prepared to work to get Boom 11 moving. As for the an illness or injury, I'm working a back-up plan now. Unforeseen catastrophic events, well, that's a tough one without an easy answer. The "group leader" idea is very interesting, one I'll consider. With multiple group leaders, chances are increased that an event will occur within the swap but that it will affect only that one leader's group, not the entire swap. Anyway, I'm open to ideas and suggestions. I'm reading every single one and appreciate them and you for taking the time to contribute, even if you don't wish to participate. It will help me in the long run. Thanks.
Originally Posted by TheMamaHauser View Post
I will also offer a suggestion (no harm or offense if you don't like/want to use it): Maybe instead of committing yourself to all of the receipt/mailing, find a person in each group who is trustworthy (ask other swap leaders - they can tell you who fits this category) and ask them to take the responsibility to collect/sort/mail for their group so that you don't get wholly overwhelmed.

A second reason is that should something awful or catastrophic happen, the entire boom's blocks are not in your possession (I'm thinking tornado/flood/health incident). Personally, I am happy to take that task on for any group you need me to.