Old 11-30-2013, 10:23 PM
Teena
Banned

Mr. Glenn,

I have read this entire thread, and will be trying your method out I have searched and searched and haven't found the tut on restoring the cabinets. ALSO, I have a Pink Atlas that has some paint chipped outta her, what color aniline dye to you recommend for her? oh, and THANKS so much for taking the time to do all this, the tutorials and the question answering is most appreciated by us newbies or in my case...Old Brain Syndrome LOL

I have sewn the better part of my almost 50 years, but have just recently gotten the vintage machine bug, and now want to do all things restore, repair, refinish, revamp, revitalize, and yes, when necessary repaint. ALL the re words! I have a 66-16 that I rescued from a scrap metal heap and it is pretty shot, decals gone, bit beat up, rusted, just bad. So, it will be my learn to paint a machine guinea pig. Have a couple of old motors to learn how to do the re-wiring. Have a 15, that I am SURE will benefit from your tutorial , and several others, that I believe just need a good old polishing. I'm like you, I'd rather keep em' in their all natural state if possible, cause, well, they earned every ding and chip...just like me! Thanks again.