Old 12-14-2013, 09:47 AM
madbury

Thank you kindly for the condolences. I'm grateful I could be there for him until the very end, but it came as quite a shock since he was not ill and as far as I can guess he was 11, 12 years old tops. He was slowing down for sure, but that's to be expected. Anyhow, I know I never took a single day with him for granted (unlike some human relationships unfortunately) and he'll be missed greatly. There are pets (I have another cat and a dog, too) and there are those animals that are just special in a way that can't really be described.

On a happier note, I couldn't be more thrilled with my gift from quiltnut4ever. Beautiful fabrics (two Bonnie & Camille Scrumptuous fat quarters), a half yard of Lori Holt's Bake Sale (love love love this line), a half yard of Apple of My Eye by Quilted Fish (my favorite colors - and polka dots!!), a half yard of Sew Vintage (I love vintage sewing prints and I'm not sure how she knew that), and a half yard of orange and red polka dots on yellow (I can't tell from selvedge what it's from). These are all of my favorite things!! Also a charm pack of My Sunshine, which is gorgeous. She made a lovely quilted basket, filled with candy, embroidery scissors, small elastics for bobbins, a tape measure, and a sewing machine needle. AND also a pattern for an apron, table runner, and placemats. Lillian, I can't thank you enough for your generosity.
Attached Thumbnails image.jpg   image.jpg   image.jpg