View Single Post
Old 12-14-2013, 03:32 PM
Sherryquilts

I have been reading this thread with interest - the company I work for is off shoring our manufacturing jobs, so I will likely be 'resourced' within the first 3 months of 2014. I really like my job, but they have made the last year kinda miserable so I think it will be a relief when it finally happens. My husband also works at the same company, so from being fully employed to both of us totally unemployed will be a bit of a shock - we are nearing retirement age, but have always lived our lives like we would be unemployed at some point so I think we've planned ahead well. I certainly won't miss getting up at 4:45 am every day, driving 18 miles in snow/ice/fog, working late, working weekends and holidays to meet some upper managements 'goal' and general big business crap. The thought of having all day to devote to a project really excites me! But - I always do better with a time frame or deadline; I can see myself thinking - well I can do this tomorrow, or tomorrow...and not getting anything done. Do any of you 'experienced' retirees have to set deadlines or parameters for yourselves??