Old 12-17-2013, 07:17 AM
romanojg

I do not make New Year's resolutions because when I do, life has a way of getting in the way and taking things out of my hands. Instead, I try just to do better each yr, I try to keep my house cleaner, try to not let things stress me out as much (like my daughter) and try to not impulse buy. I did really well this yr on the fabric, I actually started that Oct of the 2012 and only bought fabric when I "needed" it to finish a project or make one. I have bought a lot of fleece since this Oct because I'm making about 20 NFL quillows for Christmas presents. I use paper bags instead of plastic because then I use them when I'm cleaning the house, I carry it from room to room and they are better for the enviroment plus when my daughter leaves her kids clothes at the house when I wash them I put them in paper bags. Yes, its a little harder to carry groceries into the house but I don't have far from my drive way to the front door. I've tried using the reusable ones but I forget to either put them back into my car or take them into the store with me. I gave up.

I get frustrated when I try to say I'm going to do something and then life changes it to where I can't. Like my granddaughter. Her mom (not my daughter) decided several yrs ago that I wasn't allowed in her life for some unknown reason. I said thats ok, she's been around me enough that she knows I love her and when she turns 18 no one can stop us from seeing and talking to each other. Well, she turned 18 this past yr and we could finally get close again. Then one month I got a call that she was in the hospital with double kidney infections, she got over that and then got sick a few weeks later and contracted two rare blood diseases and in one month from kidney infections, she passed away. This yr I just want to stay closer to my kids and grandkids and enjoy life because we never know when its our last day or someone we loves last day.

Happy Holidays to everyone on this quilting board and your families.