View Single Post
Old 12-18-2013, 06:08 AM
Jratcliff

Originally Posted by quiltnut4ever View Post
Rexie,
I use medium cut away stabilizer in the back, depending on the density (the design). If the designs has a high thread county then I use the medium cut away with water soluble on top. Last time I did this I put double the soluble on top and just visited my daughter in which after she washed them they still look great! The lighter the terry cloth and density of the design I use one layer of water soluble and tear away stabilizer. Many here will share their ideas and so I hope this all helps.
I used a sticky wash away for the bottom and a Film WSS on the top. Since then I've read that the sticky can be a bit tricky if you pull away the excess before wetting as the sticky is strong enough to pull loops from the towels. I did notice that a little on the towels I did but attributed it to really cheap towels. Could have been a combination of things. On the other more expensive towels I did a film WSS both hooped and on the top and it worked beautifully. I didn't hoop the towel. I just recently purchased the Monster magnetic hoop that is supposed to hold towels, but haven't tried it yet.