View Single Post
Old 01-02-2014, 07:07 PM
Quilter 65

I think I read that you could use a different border. I really like the ribbon one, but I had these HST blocks from the snowball corners of the same quilt that I referred to about the center star. I needed to get to 24 inches, I thought, and these fit the bill. I arranged them so the half-moon was going in a circular motion around the center block, but I think the corners look weird, but have turned them every which way and I don't seem to come up with a better solution. Anyone have one? Or do they look "pinwheeley" enough? I have ripped the corners off a couple of time and tried turning them, even though I had experimented before. I am DETERMINED to use up some of this leftover block material in these borders. Here is the picture. The two side borders aren't attached yet.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]454493[/ATTACH]

Whitepine, I really like your block and agree with the blue choice. So very pretty. And what a great idea for squaring up the block, Bibliostone. I am counting on some input from you creative people. I have run out of blocks now, so will get with the program and make the suggested ones in the future. Have a good, restful night.
Attached Thumbnails 100_3767-small-.jpg  

Last edited by Quilter 65; 01-02-2014 at 07:10 PM.