View Single Post
Old 01-03-2014, 08:03 AM
Elisabrat

I had so wanted to start with a half square triangle block for the group but thought well it wont work in the pattern I chose for every size yet so was saving one of those for later. I just moved back to see all the posts and wish I had a pen with me to comment on each one. I love how this is going, and it is OK to put whatever round you want but at least there are options here for those who would like them. I sometimes get stumped doing these as to what is the best next round.. stare at it put it away, stare at it put it away.. then oh heck why don't I? and tada figure it out! I wish I had the mad skills to applique something correctly on a round. I always worry about how to wash it will it end up with tiny fray pieces which I hate so if you chose to put applique on I say have at it! make a solid round and put a little something in each corner or put a block in a corner and applique it to soften a round a bit. I think it looks stunning just probably wont post that as a round. Love to see yours. especially about round 4 or 5 those applique break up rounds look grand. then another block type round behind it and you have one pretty quilt

Mom-6 I would put half square triangles on your center if it was me. You seriously want to bring out the texas theme right?

oksewnsew your black pink white center is cool, once you sew it up check it out standing back a few feet, squint bet your going to love it you will probably only see black and white and maybe maybe a tiny bit of the pink when you do that. I think sometimes we stare at things up close and you see all those patterns! but its cause we are quilters lol other people will see the whole picture first. We see tiny details

I loved that cranberry quilt block with the lighter contrast! its coming along beautifully...

ok did I forget you? I am so sorry if I did but will try to catch up in a bit. Heading to wally world today ugharoo but just to pick up a couple things I ordered online so no actual wally shopping today phew. I do not enjoy shopping much so its a challenge. Except the market.. I love going to the market for some darned reason. I think I am odd lol. like that shocks you!