Old 01-08-2014, 02:01 PM
kay carlson

It's Wednesday afternoon and I can report the cover is on the homemade big board. :-) I was able to thread the cord through the channels prior to attending a meeting for the senior center.

Thank you for sharing both big and small things you do to keep the work area usable and inviting for you to be creative. Throughout the years, my sewing area has ranged from climbing over storage boxes, using a corner of my bedroom, sharing the dining table, to using part of the laundry area. At this stage of my life, I am retired and want to quilt to donate my skills to charity and be creative. During the earliest years, I put up with unreal conditions because I sincerely needed to sew clothing for my family. About fifteen years ago, I had to begin to go through possessions my father had accumulated for decades. The project was both overwhelming and depressing. I didn't see much progress and the amount of time and effort to clean up someone else's "stuff" was daunting. Fortunately, I have a wonderful partner who supported me and realized that I, as the only child, needed to be the person to sort carefully. Yes, my DH helped in various ways by offering assistance, making meals, etc. He also knew that I would burn out and need to go on with my life --- more than a handful of times.

Some circumstances happen over a period of time so the re-vamping will also take time and effort. I not only have flexibility in my schedule, but have the option of selecting how much space to devote to my passion of quilting.
My new year's wish for you is that you take care of yourself and discover many ways in which to do so. :-)

Thank you for reading this thread......