Old 01-10-2014, 11:30 AM
Yarn or Fabric

I did. I had a Bailey on a frame and really didn't enjoy the process of quilting that way. It just didn't suit my quilting style. I prefer sitting, moving my fabric instead of moving the machine.
I bought a Lizzie and have said I loved it but I'm thinking of selling her and buying the George instead for a variety of reasons... yeah it's almost twice as expensive but I think I deserve it. Hubby says it is too much for someone who only quilts for themselves but you only live once. I think I'm going to sell my Lizzie and go for the George.

I was in the minority by the way. I think most people get the HQ16 but I didn't like that one for a variety of reasons - the orientation of the machine was my biggest issue.. and that you have to pay for the table overlay to fix their table to machine height calculations. I think that's an insult to have to pay for that - and their very expensive table extensions... there are a few more reasons but I won't go there.

I think if you enjoy sitting while you're quilting and are used to doing that let me tell you what the difference between quilting on a sit down quilt machine vs a regular or even 9" throated machine is HUGE. I cringe at the thought of quilting on anything other than a sit down machine now. It is soooo much easier and nicer to quilt with all that space.