Old 01-11-2014, 06:50 AM
maviskw

Originally Posted by franc36 View Post
The quilting aid I use the most is a 5" x 10" ruler by Kimberly Einmo. Since I sew with lots of pre cuts, that ruler is the perfect size. Lately, I have been making blocks with lots of tiny pieces (e.g., a 12" block with 100 pieces). The small ruler is perfect.

As for the Clover clips, I love them. I bought a small package of 10, I think, and was not too impressed; but later, I was able to get 100 for half price. Having enough clips for the entire quilt really made a difference. Now, I always use them to hold my binding in place. I wonder now how I ever did without them and can't believe that I once didn't like them.
You're my kind of person. I'm making blocks right now: 9.5 inches, and one has 37 pieces. I'm not counting any more. I have 29 finished, and 19 almost at the end. The corner stones are 2 inch squares. One has 11 pieces. I love using up things that other people threw away. My little 3X9 ruler works great for this. My favorite thing. (Yesterday it disappeared, and have not been able to find it. Bummer.)

I have some Clover clips, but stopped using them when I found out about School Glue!