Old 01-12-2014, 02:27 PM
YukonViv

Yesterday was UFO day for a friend and I. She pulled out 3 quilts and sewed the binding on, just needs to hand sew it in place.

We had a quick run to our local shop as I had a mystery quilt meeting, and together we found border fabric for another of her UFOs.

I am astounded with her as those were her only UFOs. She has a current project and only those few pieces hanging on, which she'll have done this week.

I am more of a mess LOL. For my UFOs I took over two projects. One was a stack of pinwheel blocks, half of them were the result of a quilting bee a couple of years ago. They have lived uncomfortably in a ziplock baggy until yesterday, I put them together, added border and it is now ready for backing and quilting!

So now it will live in that pile!

I found a class project from September 2011, called Exploding Pineapples, from the book Sew Simple Pineapple by Karin Hellaby. I had only managed 3 blocks during class and thats where I left it. So yesterday I completed 3 more blocks. I feel really good about this quilt so I am going to focus on it for the next while.

I don't know why I left it, I probably joined a class the next month and moved on.