Old 01-14-2014, 05:49 PM
Sewnoma

Originally Posted by BellaBoo View Post
Oh it's fun to go somewhere by yourself! With a cell phone, AAA, and gas card no worries at all. Or hop on a plane and be there in a few hours. I prefer to go to quilts shows alone. I don't want to have to feel agitated when someone is tired, hungry, bored, asking if I'm ready to go, asking why I want to go look at a quilt I already looked at and so on. Been with friends/family at a big quilt show and once was enough. LOL. I have been to Paducah every year but this last one, grandbaby was born, but I will be there this year. I live about 6 hours away so I'll drive.
I totally get what you're saying but for me, KY is just a little too far from home. I'm a worrywart and a fearful flyer so I'm happier with a partner for a long trip like that. Anything within a day's driving distance is about my comfort zone for going solo. I go to all the local shows alone and enjoy it quite a bit, but that's at least partially because I don't have any local quilting buddies!

But I probably wouldn't be with them all day anyway. They have reasons that would probably make them have to cut things short every day and I know they wouldn't mind if I stayed out and about much longer. I think they'd expect me to! I'd get plenty of "me" time. I think it'd be a great balance between having company and freedom. Plus I really do love these two ladies and I don't see them often enough, it's worth all sorts of compromise to get to spend lots of time with them.