View Single Post
Old 01-16-2014, 02:48 PM
Quilter 65

Originally Posted by VickiM View Post
Both the yellow & the green are mottled...not solid. I used them thinking that same thing; that it would give it dimension. Thanks to Marion (mfay) because she sent me the fabric a couple years ago. Knew I wanted to make a future great-grandbaby quilt with it...didn't know what pattern I wanted to use. This just happened to be the perfect pattern, I think. I have finished it & the back but can't take pic till next week...I'm so happy with how the front & the back turned out...it is a double-sided quilt, & turned out 40x40...great size for a baby, I think. I promise I will post next week.
Mission accomplished then!! Very pretty and effective.

Yes, Brat, do keep posting options. I realize I went off the grid with my first round, but I thought I needed to get a certain size, plus I am cheap and wanted to use those blocks up. I did use the 9-patch with Elvis and everyone at guild seemed to think it was a good choice so I used the technique just not on the medallion. I was afraid that a 6.5 round with just a 12-inch block might look peculiar and that is another reason I thought it should grow. I am grateful to you ladies for doing this and am learning so much about color and doing things I wouldn't have dreamed about doing, if it "wasn't in the pattern." Thank you for putting up with me individualism. I have taught various things several times and know about that herding cat thing!! Looking forward to seeing many more wonderful rounds.

Last edited by Quilter 65; 01-16-2014 at 02:57 PM.