Old 01-19-2014, 12:17 PM
justflyingin

If my quilts are used for dog beds, moving furniture or so my DH doesn't have to lie on the cold ground to work on his vehicle, after it has given a long life inside the house, it doesn't bother me in the least. It would bother me if it happened to a new quilt, or one that was only one or two years old.

However, as I was giving away charity quilts last Tuesday, in fact, I had a lady ask for a specific size because she needed it for the inside of her duvet. I did get a little irritated with her. While I had already told her she could have one and to come choose one, I had made an exception for her so she could have a quilt. I regretted the exception. After I found out she wanted a filler for a duvet, I told her rather "almost unpleasantly" that I tried to make these pretty so that people could look at them, and that maybe she needed to find her blanket for the inside of her duvet cover somewhere else. (I stayed under control, but it was the first time all day where I found my temper rising inside.) Then she asked for a second one. I laughed and told her "no."

And I will remember her face and she won't get another one. Any wool blanket will work for the inside of a duvet and I don't need to spend time making them pretty, using nice fabric for that.

But all in all, I've had pretty thankful people get the charity quilts I've made. This morning someone told me how nice the one she got on Tuesday was. (We gave out over 40 on Tuesday.) Another man asked me for another one this morning, also--I'll find him one--I still have over 45 left.