Old 01-20-2014, 10:33 AM
quiltingbuddy

Oh I'm so sad about every one of these nightmares. Quilts are meant to only bring sweet dreams! Of course I have a nightmare to add too, and thankfully only one that I know of, but it truly is the worst thing that could ever happen...it took me many years to heal enough to even tell the story...

Early in my quilting I made my daughter (15 at the time) a quilt that was fussy cut, hand pieced and hand quilted. Not long after I gave it to her she was kidnapped and it disappeared with her. I didn't see my daughter for a long time while we tried and tried to find her and get her back home. The good news is that we did finally get my girl back. The bad news is that she was taken by some people who were in the hell's angels (they don't deserve capitalization) motorcycle club and she was not the same girl when she came home. The quilt was left in South Florida somewhere when they were on the run, I guess left with some people who were supposed to hold "some stuff" for them that they would come back for. I still have more of the same fabric but can't bring myself to use it.