View Single Post
Old 01-22-2014, 07:32 AM
Belfrybat

Originally Posted by Nancy in Louisiana View Post
Belfry -- Thanks for the pin cushion pattern posting -- wish I could knit. Maybe I can find a way to crochet one.
Here you go: https://store-og70x3tp.mybigcommerce...loads/FC79.pdf

I also found this in my files, but unfortunately don't have the web address. I haven't tried the pattern, but it would make a bit larger one than the link above.

how to do it:<o></o>

I used worsted weight yarn and a US7 hook (but I’m sure a G/6 would be fine).<o></o>
Using hdc stitches, you’re going to make 4 different sized rectangles. They are each begun by chaining 21 and making hdcs across.<o></o>
The first one made is the center one (my light blue). I did 10 rows. The second one, my coral, is 12 rows. The third one (my gray) is 14 rows, and the last (red) one is 16 rows. Leave long tails for sewing.<o></o>
To assemble, sew each rectangle together so that each one makes a tube. Do this by sewing the bottom chain edge to the top row’s edge. Now you should have four tubes of varying widths. Take each tube and roll the top edge down so that the top and bottom edges are even. As you can see, the rolled edge faces up, and you just put the smaller ones inside the larger ones. If you want, you can sew the edges on the bottom together to make it more secure, but I didn’t need to.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]458020[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails crochet-pincushion.jpg  

Last edited by Belfrybat; 01-22-2014 at 07:39 AM.