Old 01-22-2014, 08:59 PM
ragamuffin

After studying the pics, I would separate the metal storage units in the hall, making an additional storage area. I would try to find or build a bookcase, set back in. Put your shoe boxes and books on the bookcase. On the two sides then hang your rulers, etc. but keep them together. If the storage units are metal, get magnet hooks and hang a lot more stuff on all sides of the metal cabinets. Then make a small quilted valance and put it in the doorway so you can get to the storage but it will look a lot better. You could even hang small quilts onto the front of the metal units.
Then I would take all of your tables and place them all together in the middle of the room, hiding what you can beneath them but station your chairs so each station can be used, especially when your friends come. That way you have a larger working surface. Where you have the shelves above your comfy chair, hang a quilt but turn your chair a little to you can hem your quilts by the window. Get a small stand for your drinks and needed sewing items. Put your items in a cute basket or one of those cute boxes everyone is making. That should tidy up a bit but you will know where everything is. I would make cute valances for the windows to match the one in the doorway. Of course, these are just suggestions for you to consider. Make the room easy and pretty. You are the one using it. One easy idea I use is when cutting out pieces for a quilt, use paper plates to separate them, but then stack them up on your cutting table. Takes up less space but keeps them in order. Good luck in your endeavor. Have fun.