Thread: Selling Items
View Single Post
Old 01-24-2014, 08:51 AM
ManiacQuilter2
Power Poster

Sewnoma. You get my award for the BEST post of the week. This is SO TRUE! Keep your quilting a hobby, not a business. I burned out doing quilting for everyone else so I didn't have any time to make one for me !! Now, I am disabled and can only piece tops or quilt small items. I made 2 dozen mug rugs giving them around Christmas time to all my neighbors. Everyone enjoyed them. I have a charity quilt I am currently working on and I am making a bed runner for my neighbor who because of being 95, her son has built her a small apt behind his house so the move is good for her. I am going to miss her dearly but I want to send her off with a very special quilt That fills my life. You can always try to sell your stash on eBay but remember, that is NOTHING MORE than a huge garage sale. I participated in the first local craft show where I move 6 months ago but the traffic was non existence. But I found JOY in having $20.00 extra in my purse. There are so many charities out there for people and for dogs and cats. There are also charities for Africa with the Dresses for Africa comes to mind. Make a Quilt of Valor quilt. You will find that giving a little away will bring such fulfillment into your life. But keep searching thru friends for crafts shows that will work for you. Christmas time is the best when people are searching for items to give family and friends.