Old 01-26-2014, 05:31 AM
JoyjoyMarie

Hi Krystyna: I had to sign in and comment! 1. Yeah! The end of Sandy is in sight.(We just had our Sandy damage - the kitchen ceiling- fixed) 2. New Home: I grew up with a New Home treadle in the house (my grandmother's). Used it to upholster the seats of my first car in bright canvas (crazy looking, it was!) 3. My sewing area is in the basement too; and I love it!! Lots of space, lots of shop lights and I did have two larger windows put in when we built, so I do have natural light and a couple plants. It only has one heat vent, but that suits me too - I'm at that time of life when I'm a degree warmer than hubby is, and I love wearing comfortable sweats around the house. I can leave a project out and bother no one. I can clean it up for a play/activity space for the grands when they come to visit. I leave the dehumidifier on only in the warm months - we don't seem to need it in the winter. Hubby set it to drain into the furnace system which vents out the water automatically. GO FOR IT!! and happy house to you all!