View Single Post
Old 01-30-2014, 06:14 AM
clem55

I bought my FW221 in 1960 , used, and I paid $150 for it then. That was a lot of money!! The saleman and repairman was an older man( I was in my 20's) lol told me that I should never get rid of it, even if I could afford to buy the top of the line Singer. He said it would always be worth what I paid for it. I have sewed everything, from my little girls clothes, prom dresses, wool coats and leather seat covers for my son's old MG sport car, on that machine. I didn't have a special table for it, just sat at the kitchen table. I still have it, even though I have had newer machines in the years since. I was explaining to my daughter( who doesn't sew) how much my new Janome cost so if I die anytime soon, she would have a good idea of what it cost and not give it away. She said she would probably sell it and keep the FW, it was a lot easier to use. Smart girl!! My brother, who worked for Singer for a few years, also told me it was one of the best machines Singer had ever made and to hang on to it. Guess they both knew what they were talking about. I never got rid of mine simply because it was the first machine I owned/

Last edited by clem55; 01-30-2014 at 06:18 AM. Reason: additional infor