View Single Post
Old 01-30-2014, 06:29 AM
citruscountyquilter

I grew up in Michigan and lived for many years in SW Michigan so am familiar with that climate. We now live in Citrus County Florida which is NW of Zephyrhills. It does get chilly here but the big difference is even when it's chilly at night it warms up nicely during the day and there is lots of sunshine, something SW Michigan doesn't have much, so it seems warm. I really enjoy not having to get bundled up every time I go outside and not have to allow extra time to clean off my car. You'll enjoy the weather. Just don't plan on spending your days in the pool unless you have a heated pool and even then it will only be some days warm enough for that. There's a wonderful quilt shop in Dunedin FL - Rainbow's End - if you want a nice day trip to the Gulf from Zephyrhills. If you've never seen a Manatee and want to then Crystal River and the state park at Homosassa are great places to see them and while you're at it, yes there is a nice quilt shop in Crystal River, Tomorrow's Treasures. For all the Michigan posters and especially the one who's husband works at Meijer, I really, really, miss Meijer here in Florida. We could use a store like that!